Order sequences of events.
Identify the outcome or conclusion of a passage, based on previous occurrences or events in the text.
Sequence steps in instructions
|Continuum /Time Line|
Summary and Constructed-Response Templates
|Sequential /Order||Two-Sentence Summary|
1. Trace the development of . . .
2. Sequence the events leading up to . . .
3. What do you do first when you . .. Next . . .
4. List the steps involved in . . .
5. What steps did _______take to solve reach her goal?
6. Sequence the order of events.
7. What happened first in this passage? Next? Then? After? Finally?
8. The next likely event would be (predict) . . .
9. After doing _____________, the character’s next decision was to . . .
10. What steps did __________ take to achieve his/her goal in the story?
11. The final step in the process is . . .
12. After the hypothesis is created, what is the next step in the Scientific Method?
13. Sequence the events leading up to . . .
14. What steps did you use to complete the math problem?
15. Which step was omitted from this process?
16. Place the following steps in the correct order.
17. What are the sub-stages in . . .
18. What happened in the . . .
Hand Signals for Focusing on the Skills & Strategies
Say put things in order with one hand pounding on the open palm of the other hand while moving from both hands from left to right.