Identify major and subtle comparison relationships between people and ideas.
Summary and Constructed-Response Templates
- List similarities and differences.
- Compare and contrast the following:
- What are the significant similarities or differences
- between _____ and ________?
- Which two are most similar or most different?
- How are the two characters similar and/or different?
- How are (two or more characters/entities) alike?
- Details in the passages suggest that _____ and blank are alike or different.
- _______ is better than ______ because . . .
- How are _____ and _____ connected?
- Unlike _______, __________ is . . .
- Compared to ______, _______ is . . .
- The passage compares ____ to ___ because . . .
Hand Signals for Focusing on the Skills & Strategies
Hold two hands up and facing forward—The hands are facing opposite way with one forward and the other towards you.