Identify and interpret the author’s purpose, techniques, point of view, arguments and claims.
|Rising Action Map|
|Network Tree Map|
Summary and Constructed-Response Templates
|Author’s Purpose, Views, & Arguments-Claims|
1. The point of view of the author was . . .
2. How does the author use ______ technique?
3. How does the author get her/his point across?
4. How do you think the author feels about . . . ?
5. What did the author mean when he/she said ___?
6. In this passage, the author was likely attempting to . . . Which of the following best describes the author’s attitude toward__________?
7. The overall message in the passage is that . . .
8. A clear intent of the author in writing this passage is to describe . . .
9. The narrator’s point of view is that . . .
10. The author’s attitude toward _____ is that . . .
11. Which statement by the author best supports the argument that ____________? How does the author prove her point about . . .?
Hand Signals for Focusing on the Skills & Strategies